Fold, Focus, & Filter
TaskPaper gives you three ways to filter your lists; fold, focus, and filter.
Expand and collapse items to control the level of detail that you see.
- Click an item's handle to expand/collapse its sub-list.
- Use Outline > Expand Items (Command-0) to expand items.
- Use Outline > Collapse Items (Command-9) to collapse items.
- When you move a collapsed item its children move along with it.
- Use Outline > Expand All By Level (Shift-Command-0) to expand one level at a time.
- Use Outline > Collapse All By Level (Shift-Command-9) to collapse one level at a time.
Each Expand/Collapse command has a "Completely" variant that you can see and access by holding down the Option key. For example Option-Command-0 will expand the current item completely. Expanding it and all descendant items.
Focusing zooms you into a particular project hiding everything else.
- Click a project in the sidebar to focus it.
- Click the "Home" item in the sidebar to unfocus and show your entire list.
- Use Option-Click on a projects handle to focus the project.
- Use Palette > Go to Anything (Command-P) to choose a project to focus.
Filtering hides items that don't match the search in the searchbar.
- Use View > Begin Editor Search (Command+Shift+F) to start searching.
- Click a @tag in your list to search based on that tag.
- Click a @tag's associated value in your list to search based on that tag and value.
- Use Palette > Go to Anything (Command-P) to choose a saved search or tag to filter by.
You can create logical searches:
not @done– Shows all items that are not tagged with @done.
@done and @today– Shows all items tagged with @done AND with @today.
For more search techniques please see the Search reference.